Last updated: April 23, 2015
Personally Identifiable Information Collection
We do not collect personally identifiable information about you unless you voluntarily submit that information to us, such as by sending us a message through the “Contact Us” feature of the site or by applying for employment with OgilvyOne through the “Job Seekers” feature of the site. The personally identifiable information which you may provide to us could include your name, address, telephone number and email address.
If you apply for employment with OgilvyOne, such as through our recruiting efforts on this site, we may collect additional information from you about your background and history to the extent helpful in evaluating your application and/or as required by law.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information Collection
We will use this information only as described below. We do not otherwise sell your personally identifiable information to third parties.
- For those visitors who provide a name and email address, we may communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request, to provide you with information about OgilvyOne’s products and services, and to add you to our newsletter and marketing lists.
- If you are inquiring about employment with OgilvyOne, we may use and disclose your information in consideration of your application. See the “Job Seekers” section when applying for a job for more details about data use and processing of job applicants’ data.
- We may provide your personally identifiable information to third party companies that provide services to help us with business activities such as by offering customer service or marketing resources. These companies are authorized to use your personally identifiable information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- We may send you service-related announcements.
- We may also disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government request.
- OgilvyOne is an Ogilvy company. By submitting personally identifiable information to OgilvyOne, as described above, you consent to our sharing your personally identifiable information within OgilvyOne and other Ogilvy-affiliated companies.
- Your information may be transferred if OgilvyOne is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets.
We reserve the right to disclose non-personally identifiable information for any reason.
Links to Other Sites
Reporting & Tracking Utilities
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information is related to the use of this site and services and includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data.
We use this information to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track visitors’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our visitor base as a whole.
We may collect certain non-personally identifiable information in part through the use of a web technology called a “cookie.” A cookie is a small text file that is saved to your computer using your web browser; it allows websites to recognize you and store preferences and other information if you return to the website using the same computer and browser.
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. We use session ID cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our site. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You control how your internet browser processes and saves cookies by following directions provided in your browser’s “Help” file.
Our third-party analytics companies may employ a software technology called web beacons. Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used on this site to track the online movements of our site visitors. Web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages. They may set cookies or interact with cookies on visitors’ computers.
We may use web beacons in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. If you would like to opt out of these emails, please see the “Opt Out” section below. We utilize certain third-party tracking services that deploy web beacons (and cookies) to track non-personally identifiable information about visitors to our site in the aggregate to capture usage and volume statistics to improve our site.
This site contains links and interactive features with various social media platforms. If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when visiting our site. You should be aware that personally identifiable information that you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social media platform or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum such as an in-person panel or survey, may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the personally identifiable information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
If you no longer wish to receive email communications from OgilvyOne as described above, you may opt out by following the directions that are included in each email communication. You may also contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
We have put in place reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized access to the information we collect. However, no security measures are 100 percent impenetrable and we cannot guarantee against all potential security breaches. Moreover, the transmission of information over the internet is not inherently secure, and we are not responsible for the transmission of information over networks that we do not control. Your use of our site demonstrates your assumption of these risks.
We will retain the information described above for as long as it has value as part of the services we offer, or as long as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce our agreements, whichever is longer. If you wish to request that we no longer use your personally identifiable information to provide you services or information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Communications with OgilvyOne
Children Under 13 Years Old
This site is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable data from or about any person under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years old and wish to ask a question or use this site in any way that requires you to submit your personally identifiable information, please ask your parent or guardian to do so on your behalf.
If we make a material change to this policy, we will post a prominent notice on this site for 30 calendar days prior to the implementation of the material change and describe how you may exercise any applicable choice. Following the implementation of the material change, we will record at the introduction of this policy when the policy was last revised.
United States of America
If you have questions related to privacy, please contact us at email@example.com or write to us at:
OgilvyOne.com Privacy Concern
636 11th Avenue
New York, NY 10036